frognme

"Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them" ribbit ...ribbit.......ribbit.......

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mama at the hospital - making friends ..........

5th Nov 2006 (this is backdated)

Mama - the sociable one , simply cannot stop chatting with anyone who passes by her bed, be it the doctors, the nurses, the cleaner, the neighbouring patients and their visitors. And guess what, some of the patients' visitors also ended up coming by to visit her whenever they drop by.........

I have the opportunity to witness Mama's " 交游广阔 " at work when I dropped by this afternoon to the hospital to visit her, before going to my company's anniversary dinner. I was chatting happily with her, when she suddenly waved at a stranger who just entered the ward. She ushered the stranger to her bed by calling out to her "来来" (Come, come) . I got a shock!! and then quickly explained to the stranger that Mama could have mistaken her for someone else. To my surprise, the stranger came by and said that she knew Mama and had chatted with her the day before. The stranger is a vistor of the neigbouring patient.


It's a relief that Mama knows how to entertain herself at the hospital, It makes me feel at ease leaving her there, while I am at work. Comments from her newfound friends were -"Your ma very cute, sociable, cheerful, happy etc etc " (Aiya, in my opinion , it would be talkative, ha ha ha :P )

It's a pity that Mama didn't have the chance to receive any formal education when she was young. Otherwise, she might have made it big as a PR officer or salesperson etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home